Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Out of Body Experience (OBE)

Okie, i know it sounds a lot scary to know that somebody had an OBE. But i am one of the few fortunate ones to have experienced it. (Please don't be scared of me)

I was in final year or my engineering. It was one of the most stressful times of every semester, the end sem exams. I had always been a night owl, so to cover up that, i would sleep in the evening and study the whole night and finally sleep in the morning. This incident happened in the evening when i was sleeping around 6 pm. My room-mate generally used to take a nap along with me in the evening, but she wasn't there that day.

So, i dream that i m lying straight on my bed and there is pitch darkness inside the room and foggy too. For some reason my hand is being pulled by some strange force above, which i simply cannot see because of the darkness. I am deadly scared and don't know what to do. I am trying really hard to get my hand back but no matter how much i try, my hand keeps hanging in the air. Suddenly, i remember that my room-mate is sleeping next to me. So, i try to shake with my other hand so that she wakes up and helps me, but she doesn't get up. She doesn't respond at all. I get totally panicky, not knowing what to do. Then i think of shouting so that my friend in the next room hears me and comes to rescue me, but as a start to shout, my throat gets choked. I can't utter a word or a scream. I try real hard to shout but i simply cannot shout.

Finally, after all these trials of saving my life, at one point i feel totally lost. All this time i was trying to wake up my roomie sleeping next to me, but she doesn't respond. So i finally decide to turn my neck and look at her just to make sure that she is ok. And as soon as i turn my head, i see my own self sleeping there.. And this was the most horrifying experience i ever had. Suddenly i woke up, just to find myself in well lighted room in which i had been living for last one year and both my friends had gathered around me to tell me that i was making funny sounds while sleeping and was also sweating badly.

Now, i don't know whether this is what is called "Out of Body Experience", but that scene was very real. I saw myself lying next to me. I was looking at myself from a side angel, it is impossible to see that angel in a mirror. But every possible feature that i saw on my body in that one second is actual there on me. It makes me feel weird that i was actually outside looking at my own self. But i can never ever forget that image and it is burnt in my memory forever.

I don't know if it is fortunate or unfortunate to have an experience like this. But i consider myself lucky to have such an unique experience. I know it was harmless, but i am not sure how would i react if it happens again and i am still trying to find out what causes it.



1 comment:

  1. It's quite interesting to know that. But definitely didn't spook me (after all you are not alone ;) ). I have had personal "out of body" experiences and few others of that kind. As you may already know, it is generally termed as ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) and is a small example of numerous instances in the field of Parapsychology. This is one area, modern day science hasn't been able to explain.

    There are numerous such instances where people have been able to do many such things (you may be interested in this book "How to make ESP work for you" by Harold Sherman), for example the famous Edgar Cayce.

    Now call it a gift or curse, depends on the person's ability to use and control this phenomena, but one can definitely practise this consciously. You never know what avenues open up.

    ReplyDelete

Followers