Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inspiration

The word Inspiration is the second most powerful word for me. The first one being Love. All I want to be is "An Inspiration", not because it would feel good but because I admire the people who have inspired me and now its my turn to pay it forward.

So what does this word really mean ?? The word comes from Latin language and was coined in 14th century and what it really meant then was "to blow into or upon; to breath into". In 1560, the word was also meant "creating power", which is almost the meaning thats used today.

According to Dictionary.com, the word Inspire is "to influence or to suggest". To me, this word means much more. If i look at somebody or somebody's work or somebody's thoughts and my reaction is "WOW !! I wanna do that too..", thats when the person or person's work or person's thoughts totally inspire me. Its like somebody just blew in or breathe into me, a lot of creativity and thoughts.

What i have learnt is that every person is a source of Inspiration for each one of us, no matter whether that person is the gem or a discarded piece of society. Every person can breathe into you a lot of creativity, but only if you are ready to receive it. Most of the times, our doors are closed so tightly that the breathe of others can't even reach us, but only when we open the doors and allow people around us to breathe into us some life, hope and joy - that is called "Being Inspired".

Few people manage to be an Inspiration strong enough that their breathe has the power to penetrate through the doors and walls of majority of the population of planet and they are called Legends. Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Sachin Tendulkar, A R Rehman. These are just few names of thousands of such legends.

They are an Inspiration for me because they have the power to breathe life into thousands of leaders and legends of tomorrow. WOW !! I wanna do that too...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with u.. But Why so many thoughts about inspiration....Who r u inspired by these days

    ReplyDelete

Followers